none
How to update Admin console after update rollup installation. RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon.

I feel a bit sheepish asking this question, but I haven't been able to find anything about this in my searches.

Basically, we updated our DPM 2012 R2 instances to Update Roll Up 10.  The Admin Console on my computer can no longer connect to our DPM servers, as it is outdated.  I tried running the update rollup installer on my computer, and that failed.

I haven't been able to find a procedure on how to update the local console.  Can one of you guys please point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much!

Monday, October 3, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi!

You must download and install DPM 2012 R2 UR10 to your PC for DPM Administration Console.

What errors do you have? 

Have a nice day !!!
    DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points
    DPM blog
    System Center
    Hyper-V

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:49 PM
  • I downloaded the UR10 to my local pc, and tried running it from there.

I receive the error:

Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager update failed.  Refer to the error details below.

The DPM installation failed.

Review the error details, take appropriate action, and then run DPM Setup again.

The program to be upgraded is not installed.

I already have the remote admin console installed on my local machine.  I don't understand why it can't find it.

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:05 PM
  • I tried the other detectoid files, and one of them worked. That's what I was missing, I only had one with the original download of UR10.

Thanks for the help!

Monday, October 3, 2016 8:11 PM
  • I tried the other detectoid files, and one of them worked. That's what I was missing, I only had one with the original download of UR10.

Thanks for the help!

Fine! :)

Please mark the answer.

Have a nice day !!!
    DPM 2012 R2: Remove Recovery Points
    DPM blog
    System Center
    Hyper-V

• Marked as answer by Hickory Duff Monday, October 3, 2016 8:38 PM
    Monday, October 3, 2016 8:16 PM