Organisational account logs out every day RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a number of workbooks saved on a network folder that use power query to connect to csv files that are hosted on our SharePoint Site. I connect to these using the organisational account credentials. However each day when I refresh the connections I get an error that the connection is unauthorized and I have to delete the credentials in power query and relogin with the organisational account. Has anyone encountered this or have any ideas on how to fix? Thanks in advance.

Monday, September 21, 2020 11:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Ehren,

It was via the Web.Contents connector which was our method with Sharepoint 2012. we've recently upgraded to Sharepoint 365. We're trialing some reports on the SharePoint.Files connector. We haven't seen the issue yet on the new connector but it's only been a few days so far.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Nicholas. Are you connecting using the Web connector or one of the SharePoint connectors?

Ehren

Friday, October 9, 2020 8:46 PM
  • Hi Ehren,

It was via the Web.Contents connector which was our method with Sharepoint 2012. we've recently upgraded to Sharepoint 365. We're trialing some reports on the SharePoint.Files connector. We haven't seen the issue yet on the new connector but it's only been a few days so far.

Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:44 AM
  • Happy to report that the switch to the SharePoint.Files connector has resolved the issue. It has not reoccurred since the change.
    Friday, November 6, 2020 3:47 AM