SLI Support in Vista Beta 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I recenty received my copy of Vista Beta 2 and installed it. It recognized all my hardware (except my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS). I have 2 BFG Nvidia 7800 GTX cards in the system. They are in SLI. XP recognizes and sets them up automatically. Vista does not. Is there an upcoming patch on the way for SLI or am I just doing something wrong with what I have on hand. Any insight would be helpfull. I've gone back to XP cause there's no reason to run my system at half speed...

Thnx

Saturday, July 1, 2006 3:58 PM

Answers

• I have an intel dual cpu, 4megs, 2 nividia 7800GTX.... same as you, Like to play EQ2. Had to go back to windows 64. Vista was unfortunately at this time a waste of mine. No SLI ,hopefully they will fix soon.
    Friday, October 27, 2006 8:15 PM

All replies

• Have you checked Nvidia Official page? They have a beta driver for vista. It might help you.
    Saturday, July 1, 2006 7:18 PM
  • That is the video driver. It is not the full Nvidia manager with the drop down menus and SLI support.
    Tuesday, July 4, 2006 10:01 PM
  •  Hannebal wrote:

I recenty received my copy of Vista Beta 2 and installed it. It recognized all my hardware (except my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS). I have 2 BFG Nvidia 7800 GTX cards in the system. They are in SLI. XP recognizes and sets them up automatically. Vista does not. Is there an upcoming patch on the way for SLI or am I just doing something wrong with what I have on hand. Any insight would be helpfull. I've gone back to XP cause there's no reason to run my system at half speed...

Thnx

It's really dissapointing.  Finally working upto a 2 x 7600GS SLI Machine, with 2GB Ram, Audigy 4, 4 x SATA2 Stiped, and a Dual Core Intel CPU, i thought it would be a perfect H/W Platform test out vista.  Nothing Works...

and after further investigation, with my other pc (1gb ram, 1 x 6600gt extreame) i've also found that my audigy 4 only works on 2 channel mode.

the good news - only one bluescreen in a month of solid use.

more bad news?

internet explorer 32 doesn't work. "not responding" on initiation, without fail. luckily i've got firefox...

IE 64 works though, but i can't seem to make it auto-launch programs into anything other than ie32.

overall, Vista is a great start to a new game. 

Overall, i've happy i started testing in Beta 2, rather than anything earlier - it's only just (although patiently) useful as a pc os, with my current configuration, and once it's released - and ready - i can see many fantastic initiatives embedded into this environment.

Gadgets. I can't think of a better way to make an interactive presence on a computer desktop.  Where's the one that controls my xbox360?

Does anyone know of some good multimedia 64x apps, that are compatible with vista?

I'm especially interested in video editing stuff...

cheers.
    Friday, July 14, 2006 6:58 AM
  • I have an intel dual cpu, 4megs, 2 nividia 7800GTX.... same as you, Like to play EQ2. Had to go back to windows 64. Vista was unfortunately at this time a waste of mine. No SLI ,hopefully they will fix soon.
    Friday, October 27, 2006 8:15 PM
  • Thnx Birdman!

I don't feel like I'm crazy anymore  It was very dissapointing to think that SLI wasn't built into the core of the new platform but what are we to do. I think SLI is the norm not the exception on new systems coming out and it makes no sense to me not to have it a a core component of Vista.

But atleast I know someone else has found the same problem.

Thnx Again!

Friday, October 27, 2006 10:48 PM