Sharepoint with Office 2010 in multiple packages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have successfully gotten virtualized office 2010 and sharepoint interacting happily for the most part. However, I virtualized the standard Professional Plus suite in one package, Visio in its own package, and Project by itself as well.

For the OffVirt.msi proxy commands, I specified the PACKAGEGUID = [guid for pro plus package]

The Pro Plus applications all work perfectly, but MS Project does not, giving me "The document could not be opened for editing. A Microsoft SharePoint Foundation compatible application could not be found to edit the document" - and then sharepoint attempts to open the project document in word, which fails.

I suspect this may be because the PACKAGEGUID variable causes the sharepoint manager to look in the package for other office applications, and not the one containing Project 2010. Is my only solution to put all Office apps in one package?

Another strange issue is that Visio 2010 has the exact same problem when on a win7 machine, but loads properly when on a WinXP machine.

Any ideas?

Monday, January 9, 2012 7:39 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Office is recommended to have all components into one package.
    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Monday, January 9, 2012 7:50 PM
  • I understand that, but combining into one package is not an attractive solution at the moment. Any other possibilities? I'd be surprised if nobody else has multiple packages for office.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:09 PM
  • Hello,

For using Sharepoint integration and having a somewhat maintainable environment? No

You could of course on your own locate what registry keys and DLL-files are needed to allow for the editing, update those with references to your project / visio-packages and deploy that on your own.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:14 PM
  • Alright, thanks! I will update here if I find anything useful.
    Monday, January 9, 2012 8:29 PM