Outlook 2010 Thawte Certificate parkingcrew RRS feed

• Question

• FYI: I am a retried Computer Tech.

I posted this on https://answers.microsoft.com and they suggested I post here because of no soultion.

Posted:

Have been using 2010 years and for the first time I have gotten,

Outlook 2010 Thawte Certificate expired or is not yet valid. Issued to www.parkingcrew.com

Valid from Nov 23, 2014 to July 01, 2017 and then I find they are from Germany and Issued by Thawte DV SSL CA - G2.

I have used Outlook, from Express to 2010, for decades and have NEVER seen Certificate expired.  Nor have I seen the word Thawte as related to Outlook.

Outlook using a foreign Certificate is really strange.  I look at the Certificates when this occurs and have never seen this one.

Valid from Nov 23, 2014 to July 01, 2017.  Why has the issue not shown up before July 15, 2017 because I open Outlook every day?

Install Certificate.  Do I install the Certificate and will the Valid from date be undated?

TIA "END Posted"

This has happened again just a few minutes ago.

• Edited by Wayne2008 Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:38 PM
    Saturday, August 12, 2017 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Wayne,

What's your email account type used in Outlook 2010, Exchange, IMAP or POP account? And when did the issue occur, restarting Outlook? or setup a new account in Outlook?

If possible, could you please provide a screenshot about the certificate issue window? Click View Certificate to check details about this certificate, such as Issued To, Subject, Subject Alternative Name etc. 

If you are using Exchange account, please contact your Exchange administrator to confirm if any Exchange certificate is expired in server side.

Any updates in your side, feel free to collect more detailed information here for further discussion.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Any updates on the issue?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 5:22 AM