Can not Install ITunes on Win 7 Home Premium RRS feed

• Question

• Tried everything listed in forums. Nothing is working.

I just ordered and received a Sony Vaio Laptop Model: VGNFW590F3B with Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit installed (so I don't have the disks)

I download I-Tunes 64bit which downloads fine. Go to install it and it starts, then I get this error:

'an error occured during the installation of assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT version = "8.0.50727.4053" type = "win32", publicKey Token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b", process or Architecture="x86". Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.'

This is exactly what the error states. Is there a security issue? Does Windows 7 install a certain security file that does not allow to download certain apps? Did I buy a craptop? Tried turning off Firewalls, UAC, Antivirus, etc. I was even told to delete the Temp file in Appdata/Users blah blah blah. But could not delete it. I have tried installing; uninstalling about 100 times doing what forums suggest each time. Even had a techie friend remote with my laptop and he is stumped.

Any other suggestions, or should I just wait for the inevitable patch?

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:28 PM

Answers

• Never Mind. I went to

http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php?old_itunes=34

and downloaded version 8.0 for 64 bit and it worked. Now the question is do I dare upgrade to 9. whatever from I-Tunes? I think maybe I'll stick with this for a while. The frustration is gone and I think I'll stay happy.

P.S. I also used IE instead of Chrome to download.

• Marked as answer by RDDWARF Monday, August 16, 2010 3:06 PM
    Monday, August 16, 2010 2:57 PM