none
Windows 10 Enterprise/Education post MDT deployment OneDrive will not launch RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to deploy Win10-1511 Education

Created my base image just fine and copied the profile using sysprep (see below)

Capture the image using DISM
    Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:"z:\install.wim" /CaptureDir: z:\ /Name:"Windows Education"

The image will deploy with MDT just fine with the exception that OneDrive will not launch.
    OneDrive is in the start menu and on the start screen where I put a tile but the process will not launch.
    Click it and nothing.

If I just take the generated install.wim and replace it on my install media and do a "regular" media install OneDrive works just fine. OneDrive launches and I can use it.

Has anyone seen anything like this? I had this issue with 10240 and 10586 (1511)

Setup:

Server 2012 R2 (removed and redownloaded MDT and ADK)
    MDT 6.3.8298.1000
    DISM 10.0.10586.0
    Windows 10.10586 (1511) Education and Enterprise

Commands used:

C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /audit /reboot /generalize /unattend:c:\options\CopyProfile.xml

Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile:"z:\install.wim" /CaptureDir: z:\ /Name:"Windows Education"

----------------------

CopyProfile.xml

Tuesday, December 1, 2015 11:42 PM

All replies

• This isn't really an issue with MDT.

CopyProfile doesn't work really well for windows 10.  It might be unsupported (I would need to look but, using a xml designed for 7 is almost certainly unsupported).

The other thing that jumps out at me (if the store apps get update/installed strange things happen):

http://blogs.technet.com/b/brandonlinton/archive/2015/08/28/windows-10-sysprep-fails-after-removing-or-updating-windows-built-in-windows-store-apps.aspx

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015 12:00 AM
  • Thanks for the bad news ;)

That seems to be the issue.  I did a quick test of

• loading Win10 and a few thinkgs like Office 2016 and Creative Cloud
    • Sysprep & generalize but NO copy profile
    • made an image
    • deployed with MDT

Everything worked fine. 

So now I'm planing my attack of how I want to deploy without a customized profile.

It's nothing fancy just a default wallpaper, colors, and lockscreen
    I can set all of that with gpedit but I don't want it to be permanent/unchangeable - they are allowed to customize - copy proifile was perfect.  I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out and do some testing if they update the tools

Thanks!

Thursday, December 3, 2015 10:59 PM
  • You should be able to customize your default profile.  I don't have details on that however.  As a side note you 'might' be able to get copy profile to work if the unattend is proper.  When you create a task sequence that installs an OS it does create an unattend you could leverage (although it is fairly easy to use MDT to sysprep and capture).

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Thursday, December 3, 2015 11:20 PM
  • I'm wondering if I missed a crucial step long ago and have just been lucky all along...

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn898521(v=vs.85).aspx

"Use the following procedure to configure user settings in audit mode and then generalize the Windows installation by using an answer file that contains the CopyProfile setting."

I've always just created a standard user account - customized it and ran the sysprep/copyprofile against it. (we even did this way in a lab at IGNITE 2015)

I know that Windows Store apps won't run under the built-in Admin so there shouldn't be any leftover cruft so I'm wondering if that will clear it up...

Friday, December 4, 2015 4:56 PM