none
Able to export docs to iCloud Drive when viewing docs in OneDrive (MAM)

Question

• Hello,

I have app policies set up correctly (Microsoft walked them through with me to make sure) but I am still able to send a file to iCloud drive when viewing a document in OneDrive. Both of these apps are managed, authenticator app installed and set up (I believe) correctly. Microsoft seem to think the only way to sort this issue is to enrol the device to apply a configuration policy but I am only using MAM.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 08, 2017 7:48 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you ever tried the following settings:

Prevent iTunes and iCloud Backups: Yes

Allow app to transfer data to other apps: None.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 09, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I haven't tried that set up as that would limit the ability for apps to use data from other managed apps so users wouldn't get the experience we want them to have. The iTunes setting you mention is configured as suggested and the other one is set up to allow transfer to/from other policy managed apps.

Any other potential solutions?

Thanks

Thursday, November 09, 2017 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

You can just restrict OneDrive transfer data to other apps by configuring the policy below.

Allow app to transfer data to other apps: None

Meanwhile, you can configure the following policy for allowing other apps to transferring data to OneDrive.

Allow app to receive data from other apps: policy managed apps.

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 9:52 AM