none
How do i enable End User Recovery for a Trusted Domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

DPM 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 is running and backup Servers in my own and in trusted Domains (Cross-Forrest Trust with selective Authentication). Everything works fine.

I enabled End User Recovery for my domain by running DPMADSchemaExtension.exe on the Domain Controller and everything works.

But now I want to enable EUR for a trusted Domain.

I tried to run the DPMADSchemaExtension.exe  on the domaincontroller of the trusted domain but it chancels with AD Update Error: AD couldn't be configured because the Active Directory domain couldn't be found.

If I try running it on the DC of the DPM-Server for the trusted domain I get the same error (surely because of selective authentication).

The domains are able to resolve each other using DNS (tested with nslookup).

Does anybody know if it is possible to use end user recovery in a trusted domain?

How can I extend the schema on the "Target-DC"?

Kind Regards

J.

PS: Forrest Wide authentication is no Option!

Monday, October 25, 2010 11:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

This is not supported, the client and file server needs to be in the same domain.

Take a look at this thread that Mike Jacquet [MSFT] has posted. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dataprotectionmanager/thread/cd1ef456-f9d4-4817-a88b-43c5ee95f9df

BR

Robert Hedblom

Check out my DPM blog @ http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I am a little confused.

Did you mean the DPM-Server, the file server and the client must be in the same domain?

The file server and the client are in the same domain and the DPM server is in a trusted domain. May this won't work? How did the guy in your posted thread doing EUR in Domain B and C if the DPM is in domain A ?!

Further, there is written "  You can try to replicate the MS-Sharemapconfiguration container between domains A, B and C "

I thought Sharemapconfiguration container only exists if the Schema extension on the domain Controller is done. I haven't the container on the DC in the trusted domain but i have it in the "DPM-Domain". Like i posted running "DPMADSchemaExtension.exe" on the DC of the trusted domain gives an error.

Kind Regards

J.

Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:27 AM