Windows 7 Home Premium X64 OneCare Live RRS feed

• Question

• I loved OneCare Live on XP Pro, because of the registry cleaner.  When is this going to be released for Windows 7 64bit?  Currently, it doesn't work...please PLEASE make this work for Win7 X64!!
    deaths_little_helper
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

On October 15th, 2009, Microsoft officially ended sale of Windows Live OneCare. It was replaced with the new software Microsoft Security Essentials. You can download and install this software in Windows 7.

For more information, please refer to this thread: Windows Live OneCare End of Life Guidance - Updated

Regards,

Linda

Monday, March 29, 2010 8:52 AM
  • I've already got that on my desktop, but the problem is it doesn't have a registry scanner.  That, and the OneCare Live allowed me to do a quick-scan without purchasing software AND it IS still active.  I used it today on an XP machine, and removed several registry errors.  IE hasn't run that fast in months!
    deaths_little_helper
    Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:34 AM
  • I've already got that on my desktop, but the problem is it doesn't have a registry scanner.  That, and the OneCare Live allowed me to do a quick-scan without purchasing software AND it IS still active.  I used it today on an XP machine, and removed several registry errors.  IE hasn't run that fast in months!
    deaths_little_helper

As mentioned in the previous post, Windows Live OneCare does not support Windows 7. Please refer to Windows 7 Compatibility Center. The solution is to install Microsoft Security Essentials which is free to download.

Your understanding is very much appreciated.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:14 AM
    deaths_little_helper

As mentioned in the previous post, Windows Live OneCare does not support Windows 7. Please refer to Windows 7 Compatibility Center. The solution is to install Microsoft Security Essentials which is free to download.

Your understanding is very much appreciated.

There is a Windows 7 Scanner link, I think the problem is that there isn't X64 support...I believe you're thinking of the wrong product.

link: http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

That's the product I'm talking about, the single-use scanner, not the subscription product.

deaths_little_helper
    Friday, April 2, 2010 4:00 PM