Storage Spaces Direct MP dashboard error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After importing the Microsoft System Center Management Pack for Storage Spaces Direct (1.0.46.0) in SCOM 2016 UR6 I am getting even after 24 hours waiting the message "An error has occurred", when I select the "Storage Spaces Direct 2016" dashboard.

A click on "Details" shows additional infos about the error:

An error occurred executing the command: [Microsoft.Windows.Server.Storage.Visualization.Library.DataProviders!DatacenterDashboardDataProvider/GetDatacenterDashboardData] in provider: [Microsoft.Windows.Server.Storage.Visualization.Library.DataProviders.DatacenterDashboardDataProvider, Microsoft.Windows.Server.Storage.Visualization.Library.DataProviders, Version=7.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]. : Incorrect syntax near ','.
    Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'CONVERT'.
    Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'AS'.
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.DataProviderCommandMethod.Invoke(CoreDataGateway gateWay, DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.ExecuteScalarInternal[TResult](DataCommand command)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Presentation.DataAccess.CoreDataGateway.<ExecuteScalarAsync>b__2[TResult](<>f__AnonymousType0`1 data)

In addition I get some event ids:

33333, source "DataAccessLayer":

Data Access Layer rejected retry on SqlError:
     Request: MTV_Select_d0b32736-5344-2fcc-74b3-f72dc64ef572
     Class: 15
     Number: 102

26319, source OpsMgr SDK Service:

Data Access Layer rejected retry on SqlError:
     Request: MTV_Select_d0b32736-5344-2fcc-74b3-f72dc64ef572
     Class: 15
     Number: 102

Might it be possible that the "Microsoft.Windows.Server.10.0.Storage.StorageSpacesDirect.Presentation.mpb" in version 1.0.46.0 is broken or incompatible to SCOM 2016 UR6? How to solve the error?

Regards,

Friday, January 18, 2019 7:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

are you absolutely sure this is not a console error? I am using the same MP in SCOM 2016 UR6 and I don't face any issues.

Another important question: Are you a Full Admin or a operator with a scoped view? There is a known issue with operators with scoped views after UR6. Can you please post some more details and also check the last comments in the following blog article:

UR6 for SCOM 2016 – Step by Step

I am actually experiencing the same problem. 

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:23 AM