after windows 10 update loss of volume RRS feed

• Question

• Today windows had a big update which was successful but the volume on my computer has fallen to a level I can hardly hear.

I have tried various solutions recommended on the internet without success.

Richard Grose

Saturday, April 15, 2017 6:39 AM

All replies

• In the left lower corner type troubleshooting to open the troubleshooting control panel.

Click on troubleshoot audio playback.

If it is a HP computer you may need to go the hp.com web site.  Then click on software and drivers.  Look of the IDT audio driver and download a fresh driver.

If the above do not work right click on the left lower corner windows icon or use the keyboard and click on the windows and x keys simultaneously.  Left click on device manager.  Expand sound, video and game controllers and then audio inputs and outputs.  Right click on each of these and click on properties and view the driver.  For all Microsoft drivers click uninstall.  After all are uninstalled reboot.  For all non-Microsoft drivers update drivers from the computer manufactures web site.

Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:30 AM
  • Problem solved. I went the Hp support assistant and downloaded an update.

Thank you for your help.

Richard Grose

Saturday, April 15, 2017 8:55 AM
  • Richard,

Thank you for sharing your solutions and experience here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

Please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 17, 2017 3:24 AM