none
SSIS Job error: The connection type "PowerQuery" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created an SSIS project and used the PowerQuery component to read from an Excel file. When I execute it from Visual Studio it runs fine, but when I deploy it on the SQL Server and create a job, by executing it I get a Failed error without any additional information.

When I "validate" the package under the SSISDB tree, the first error states the following:

"The connection type "PowerQuery" specified for connection manager "Power Query Connection Manager" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type."

We are stuck and unable to run the job just because it contains the PowerQuery component or connection manager. if there is any resolution to my issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Nikos Zacharakis

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 4:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Nikos. You'll need to reach out to the SSIS team about this.

Ehren

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:21 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ehren,

Thank you for the information.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:35 PM
  • I solved this by installing the Power Query Sorce on the server that has the data base.
    • Proposed as answer by VBA Newb Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:14 PM
    Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:14 PM
  • I solved this by installing the Power Query Sorce on the server that has the data base.

Info.

Download.

"Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Connector for Power Query (Preview) provides connectivity to data sources supported by Power Query" and will need to be installed on the server hosting the SSIS package.

Monday, October 26, 2020 1:34 AM