none
WDS Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All ,

we have approx 10 office branches and all sites connected each other via site to site vpn and i wanted to setup WDS server on all branches location.i mean i will configure WDS server on one location and that sould be able to access to all branches 

so it possible ??and how i can configure network part for all branches 

please help me 

Thanks,

Madhukar 

Monday, March 4, 2019 5:31 AM

All replies

• What you will want to do is to look up about linked deployment shares. You can setup WDS and install MDT at all the locations and manage them from your location. You will set the locations in your bootstrap.ini file so the boot image will know which server to pull from each location.

There are several ways to control the replication from one location to another. You can use the built in linked deployment share, use DFS or a robocopy script.

There are a number of guides out there. This should get you started, https://oasysadmin.com/2011/11/03/copying-moving-and-replicating-the-mdt-2010-deployment-share/

Monday, March 4, 2019 10:55 PM
  • Hello ,

Thanks for the reply 

i want to setup only one server because another branches dont have server to replicate it 

so is it possible to access that main WDS server from main branch to another all branches ?

Thanks,

Madhukar 

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Typically WDS is limited to the subnet its on. You may be able to configure your network to allow it to reach beyond that. Look into setting DHCP options. But you have to consider the bandwidth, pushing a 7-10 GB Wim file plus drivers and applications. An option would be to use the Media portion of MDT and create bootable flash drives from your deployment share and send those to remote locations.
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 2:32 PM