none
Check In a project without administration access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I'm new in Project Server and Microsoft EPM, so my question may seem basic.

I'm not an admin of the EPM and I can't check in one of the projects in project center. How can I do that without asking EPM administrator to force check in?

(I tried to "clean up cash" and "check in my projects" but my problem didn't solved.)

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Vida GhT Saturday, March 5, 2016 11:22 AM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 10:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a global permission "manage check-ins" which allows accessing the "force checkin enterprise objects" page in the server settings. Note that it is not a good practice to set permissions at user level. You could ask the admins to create a new security group like "super users" which might have this permission.

See PS2013 global permissions here.

Note also that any users are able from the project center button "checkin my projects" to force checking in their own projects only.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Saturday, March 5, 2016 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is a global permission "manage check-ins" which allows accessing the "force checkin enterprise objects" page in the server settings. Note that it is not a good practice to set permissions at user level. You could ask the admins to create a new security group like "super users" which might have this permission.

See PS2013 global permissions here.

Note also that any users are able from the project center button "checkin my projects" to force checking in their own projects only.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Saturday, March 5, 2016 11:46 AM
  • Guillaume,

After reading your answer, I realize that the server administrator selected herself as project owner, so I can't force check in any project. I should ask her to change the owner of my projects. 

Thanks for your attention.

Sunday, March 6, 2016 5:56 AM