none
Task sequence extraction from an existing deployed image RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 custom deployed ISO that I want to update. Unfortunately the original Deployment Workbench and task sequences are no longer available. Is there a way to extract the original task sequences from the existing deployment image?
    Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:41 PM

Answers

• If you review the TSLogs from the CCM\Logs folder you can see each task and command (I think the validation logic too) but it would take a lot of work to re-assemble it...

Jack

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:49 PM
  • Hi JimChew,

According to your description, if the workbench and task sequences can’t work, I am afraid that your original task sequences couldn’t be used. We could try to find the TSLogs to check each task. If we can’t find the tasks and we want to re-deploy the image, we should build the new environment.

Please know that MDT and SCCM have many task template for use and easy your deployment.

Please check the link below about how to create a task sequence to install an existing Operating System Image Package

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb632831.aspx

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 1, 2016 8:44 AM

All replies

• If you review the TSLogs from the CCM\Logs folder you can see each task and command (I think the validation logic too) but it would take a lot of work to re-assemble it...

Jack

Wednesday, March 30, 2016 11:49 PM
  • Hi JimChew,

According to your description, if the workbench and task sequences can’t work, I am afraid that your original task sequences couldn’t be used. We could try to find the TSLogs to check each task. If we can’t find the tasks and we want to re-deploy the image, we should build the new environment.

Please know that MDT and SCCM have many task template for use and easy your deployment.

Please check the link below about how to create a task sequence to install an existing Operating System Image Package

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb632831.aspx

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 1, 2016 8:44 AM