none
Backing up Win10 BitLocker keys to Active Directory at 2008 functional level. RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully configured my environment to backup Bitlocker recovery keys from Windows 8.1 to Active Directory running at 2008 non R2 functional level.

When I attempt the same on Windows 10 machines, I get an error "There is no such object on the server".  

On Windows 8, this error indicated that the AD schema hasn't been updated, but I have applied the schema extensions already in my environment to support Win8.1, which are functioning properly. 

Is this an AD functional level issue, or are there additional schema extensions available that I can't find, or do we need to wait for additional extensions to be made available?

Monday, August 3, 2015 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hello There,

I know for Windows 8/8.1 (seems to be the same situation as Windows 10) there is another object created in AD DS under the TPM Devices OU. If you have attempted to re-image this host multiple times, there is a change that the object might need to be deleted or the permissions changed. Here are details on this object and clean up need from a Windows 8 Perspective (http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/archive/2013/08/05/how-to-cleanup-tpm-information-from-ad-for-windows-8-computers.aspx).

I hope this helps.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:34 PM