none
Insufficient system memory in resource pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When application guy press submit button, he is receiving this error:

There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query. A serer error occured on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded.

I think this error is related to sql server (SQL Server 2008, SP3 64X running on windows 64 bits) not application. Total memory is 32GB. 4 GB assigned to other instance and 24GB to this instance.

Any help?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:49 PM

Answers

• Correct, this is an SQL Server error. Or to be exact, this error There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query. This error: /A serer error occured on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded./ comes from SqlClient, but it is likely to be related to what happened in SQL Server one way or another.

You need to run Profiler, and include the events SQL:StmtStarting, RPC:Starting, Error:Exception and Error:UserMessage and then filter on something suitable, for instance LoginName to see what statement that causes the error, and then we can move on from there.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:07 PM
  • Review your SQLerror log , you will find DBCC memory status output in errorlog when you get this error. Follow the steps in once you get memorystatus output

http://mssqlwiki.com/sqlwiki/sql-performance/troubleshooting-sql-server-memory/

Thank you,

Karthick P.K |My blogs|My Scribbles|Twitter|My Facebook Group|

www.Mssqlwiki.com

Please click the Mark as answer button and vote as helpful if this reply solves your problem

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:08 AM

All replies

• Correct, this is an SQL Server error. Or to be exact, this error There is insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query. This error: /A serer error occured on the current command. The results, if any, should be discarded./ comes from SqlClient, but it is likely to be related to what happened in SQL Server one way or another.

You need to run Profiler, and include the events SQL:StmtStarting, RPC:Starting, Error:Exception and Error:UserMessage and then filter on something suitable, for instance LoginName to see what statement that causes the error, and then we can move on from there.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:07 PM
  • Did you check the total memory usage on the server? Also run DBCC memorystatus to check the memory usage.

Thanks & Regards RAJUKIRAN L Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:44 AM
  • Review your SQLerror log , you will find DBCC memory status output in errorlog when you get this error. Follow the steps in once you get memorystatus output

http://mssqlwiki.com/sqlwiki/sql-performance/troubleshooting-sql-server-memory/

Thank you,

Karthick P.K |My blogs|My Scribbles|Twitter|My Facebook Group|

www.Mssqlwiki.com

Please click the Mark as answer button and vote as helpful if this reply solves your problem

Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:08 AM