Question about packages migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've migrated my packages from ConfigMgr 2007 to 2012. All are done well but I've a doubt about something. In effect, after migrating packages I've seen that the package source is always the UNC path on my old ConfigMgr 2007 server and I need to format it. Is it normal or I missed something? How can I change the source file for many package ? manually or via a tool or ... ?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It is as expected, the package will keep the same package source as in SCCM 2007 as it will need to grab the files there. I normally move the package source in SCCM 2007 before migration to SCCM 2012 and there are a lot of scripts for it out there but not sure I have seen one for SCCM 2012.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by Oneway2012 Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:13 AM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:39 PM
  • Thanks Jorgen,

All my packages sources are on my ConfigMgr 2007 machine. So I would copy all of them on my 2012 box before migration, it would be an additional work to do and I've not seen that in the MS online document. So now after migrated all packages, you guess I manually change the packages sources? I've not a script and I cannot create it cause I'm not a developer.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:47 PM
  • Use this tool - http://blog.coretech.dk/jgs/coretech-package-source-changer-0-3-0-0/ We created the tool for that very purpose

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:22 PM
  • Thank you Kent, I will try your tool. Otherwise, it that tool supported by Microsoft? What MS uses to perform that task?
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:31 PM
  • You said in the link "you must somehow update the package source before starting the migration."

So it cannot be used after the migration was finished [like my case]?

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

The kent's tool works well even if it is not an MS software. And in you case, you can copy your packages to the new location then use the tool to change the "package source" and run an "objects modified after migration" job. 

Bechir Gharbi | My blog: @myITforum.com | Twitter: @Bechir_Gharbi | Linkedin: Bechir Gharbi | Time zone: GMT + 1

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:54 AM
  • I already copied my packages to the new location yesterday, I will try now your advices and let you know what happened.

Thank you.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:56 AM
  • Thank you ALL for the help, my problem is solved.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2012 9:13 AM