Office Home & Business 2019 - Outlook signature RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to add an email signature to Outlook 2019

Brand new laptop, with Windows 10 Pro.

When selecting Signatures... - NOTHING HAPPENS!

Previously when this happened on Outlook 2016, i closed and re-opened Outlook - this would then allow me to add a signature

Friday, November 23, 2018 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hi andy-lander,

How do you add signatures in Outlook? Via File > Options > Mail > Signatures… or clicking Signature > Signatures… in new email window?

A common cause is that an incorrect path for outlook.exe was configured in Registry. To check this, please follow the steps below:

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type put regedit in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.

2. Locate this path:

• For 32-bit installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

• For 64-bit installation

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32

3. If the values were wrong, please change both Default and LocalServer32 values in each of the following keys to the appropriate path for your installation of Outlook and then check the result.

If issue persists, please try repairing Office to test the results. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit and then choose Change. Click Repair.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:38 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 3:14 AM
  • Hi andy-lander,

Can you open the signature window now? Just check whether the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:54 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:55 AM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi andy-lander,

I'm writing to see if this issue has been fix. Have you tried the registry key above?

If you've already found the fix, you can also share it here which benefit other forum member a lot.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:11 AM
  • I've tried this and still am unable to get the signature window to open

I've tried logging on with my admin credentials and it works but only on my account

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:48 PM