All user in Group have to approve/reject RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a workflow in which when a document is uploaded in a library, it will send a mass email to a group that's assigned. When the user get the email alert all user will have to review the document then approve/reject it. After user Approve/reject it will show the name of the users who have already completed a task on another custom list. Not sure if this is possible, if so, could you please link me the the right direction? Thanks.

P.S.

I tried the "approval-sharepoint" workflow but for some reason, only one user from the group can accept only.

Friday, February 3, 2012 7:39 PM

Answers

• Hi AnthonyVireTech,

If you want to trigger a approval workflow after uploaded a document, and send workflow email to all approvers in a SharePoint group, then display all the users’ review status (approved or rejected) in a list, you can use the OOB SharePoint Approval workflow with creating a new task list for this workflow and set the Approvers as a SharePoint group required.

You can create and configure a new Approval workflow as follow:

1. Choose New task list from Select a task list section, which can display assigned task items with users’ name and workflow status.

2. Uncheck checkbox Assign a single task to each group entered (Do not expand groups), it will create each task for each user in the assigned group. You can also Group the task items with same Title in this new task list if needed.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 6, 2012 10:55 AM