none
Hoping we can add "Baseline Work [Assignment]" field to the "My Timesheet" view RRS feed

• Question

• Hey folks,

I was hoping we can add "Baseline Work [Assignment]" field to the "My Timesheet" view.  Unfortunately there is only "Baseline Work [Task]" in the list.  Are there any work arounds that will help us accomplish this?

Note we are using Project On-line and Project Pro 2013. 

Thanks in advance,

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Spiro,

I confirm your observation and at this time I don't see any workaround. Creating a custom field will not work at assignment level. Maybe some of our colleagues will bring a solution but unless you start a development to achieve your need, I don't see an easy way.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

I confirm your observation and at this time I don't see any workaround. Creating a custom field will not work at assignment level. Maybe some of our colleagues will bring a solution but unless you start a development to achieve your need, I don't see an easy way.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:11 PM
  • I found a workaround. 

I added "Hyperlink [Assignment]" to the Timesheet view, and renamed it to BaselineWork

I added a BeforeSave event handler to my Enterprise global to copy the assignment level BaselineWork to the Hyperlink field.

Voila!

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)

Friday, February 20, 2015 6:09 PM