none
How can you customize the fields when making a custom baseline? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to either use an existing Microsoft Baseline and modify it for my needs or to import a existing policy and create a SCAP benchmark on it.  What i'm trying currently is Office 2010.

If I duplicate the Microsoft Baseline and simply add/remove settings from it I can get the necessary details I would like, however I cannot export it was a SCAP or DCM template.  I tried exporting it as a GPO to see if re-importing it would allow me to create a SCAP or DCM template and although it did I lost all the customized data (pretty much just comments referencing vulnerability numbers).

When trying from importing a policy first I pretty much only get a stripped down version of it (settings only) and I would like to be able to reference the CCE-ID field to something usefull as opposed to all default.

My end goal is to have the ability to create a SCAP or DCM template and to create/apply Group or local policies with the same configurations so that from a security standpoint one can know that the Group/Local Policy will meet every item in SCAP or DCM.

Is this something where I would need to try and access/modify the database itself or is there an easier way that I am just missing?

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:54 PM

Answers

• Poltergheist;

You're having issues with user settings, right? User settings aren't fully supported in SCAP yet, see: http://usgcb.nist.gov/usgcb_faq.html#usgcbfaq_userspecific. The versions of System Center Configuration Manager supported by SCM 2.x don't support them either so when you export in either SCAP or DCM format user settings are dropped. Configuration Manager 2012 does support user settings, I believe we hope to add support for exporting user settings to SCM in the future but I do not have a timeline for that.

If you're having issues with computer settings rather than user settings perhaps you could send the baseline to us at secwish@microsoft.com.

regards,

Kurt

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:04 PM