Office 2010 - Standard to Pro RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Been testing Appv the last few weeks and have a question about the Outlook profile.
    I've created 2 appv 4.6 sp1 packages. One for Office 2010 standard and one for Office 2010 Pro.

When i start Office 2010 Standard and create the outlook profile everything works fine. (connecting to an offsite hosted exchange enviroment, manually config)
    Some users required office 2010 pro instead of standard. So i removed the permissions on the Standard package and added them to the Pro package.
    Word/Excel works fine but when i start Outlook it requires again an new profile.

Is there a way to save the Outlook Profile locally in the user profile? So when we switch from Appv Package the profile stays there and works with the new version of office?

Thanks already

Thursday, July 19, 2012 5:41 PM

Answers

• You'll need a profile management solution such as AppSense Application Manager, Immidio Flex Profiles or Microsoft UE-V (currently in beta). The settings will need to be managed independently of the App-V package.

See some discussion on this topic here: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/deployment/delivering-office-with-app-v-the-need-for-profile-management/

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 9:49 PM