none
How do I get my Google Health info into HealthVault if I'm not in the US? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HealthVault.co.uk account. The procedure Google lists for getting info from there into HealthVault is for US users only. Is there anything I can do to get the info into Healthvault before Google Health is shut off completely at the end of this year?
    Friday, October 12, 2012 8:41 PM

Answers

• Instead of using the Direct protocol to transfer your data to HealthVault, you'll have to export the data from Google Health as a CCR document. Then login to http://account.healthvault.co.uk. Select the Health Information page and then click the + sign next to the Continuity Of Care Record under the Files heading. Browse to the file you downloaded from Google and click Save. This will get the CCR document into your record but the items in the document won't be individually available until you go through the reconcile process. In the resulting page after your upload succeeds, select the "Add Items" button in the row of the table for the document you just uploaded. At the bottom select "Save changes to record". Now each item in the document should show up as individual items in your HealthVault record.

Jeff Jones Technical Lead HealthVault Development Team

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:55 PM

All replies

• Instead of using the Direct protocol to transfer your data to HealthVault, you'll have to export the data from Google Health as a CCR document. Then login to http://account.healthvault.co.uk. Select the Health Information page and then click the + sign next to the Continuity Of Care Record under the Files heading. Browse to the file you downloaded from Google and click Save. This will get the CCR document into your record but the items in the document won't be individually available until you go through the reconcile process. In the resulting page after your upload succeeds, select the "Add Items" button in the row of the table for the document you just uploaded. At the bottom select "Save changes to record". Now each item in the document should show up as individual items in your HealthVault record.

Jeff Jones Technical Lead HealthVault Development Team

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:55 PM
  • Hi Kathy,

You should be able to export your Google Health data to a CCR (Continuity of Care Record) XML file.  You can then import that file directly into your HealthVault account, even if you're not based in the U.S.  Please let us know if you need the specific steps to import your data into HealthVault.

Thanks,
    Chris

Friday, October 12, 2012 8:59 PM