none
Project 2010 Delete Project and Project Site is not removing the name RRS feed

• Question

• I went to Server Settings : Delete Enterprise Objects.  Selected Delete Project and Delete Projects from Draft and Published databases ; selected my 1 Project and then clicked Delete.  I waited for it to finish processing. 

I then went to Server Settings : Project Sites : selected my one site and clicked on Delete Site.

In Project Center my "OLD" project is still displaying.

I want to published my back up copy from Tuesday and use the same name.  How can I get rid of that "old" record?

Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:10 PM

Answers

• You could restore your project without any issues? When you tried to publish, you had to give it another name? Ther was no possibilty to overwrite existing project?

I don't have ideas any more. You could check in Server Settings - Force Check-in Enterprise Objects if your project is listed there. If so, check in. Then go to Delete Enterprise Projects. Do you see your project if you select "Delete projects from Draft and Published databases" or "Delete projects only from Published database". I think you have already checked that?

Sorry!!! I hope someone else has more ideas!
    Barbara

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:33 AM

All replies

• Interesting, I had the same issue yesterday (for one out of 5 projects). I made an administrative restore, published the project and was successful in deleting this project afterwards. Is that a possibilty for you?

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, July 22, 2010 2:17 PM
  • No this did not work for me.  I was able to publish my back up and I had to give it a new name.  I still see no way to delete the "old" name project.  There are no tasks for my users in their Timesheet area so it is not confusing to them.  It is just confusing to me and any other ADMIN, they will now ask me why I have 2 Project Plans for the same SW version. 
    Thursday, July 22, 2010 5:32 PM
  • You could restore your project without any issues? When you tried to publish, you had to give it another name? Ther was no possibilty to overwrite existing project?

I don't have ideas any more. You could check in Server Settings - Force Check-in Enterprise Objects if your project is listed there. If so, check in. Then go to Delete Enterprise Projects. Do you see your project if you select "Delete projects from Draft and Published databases" or "Delete projects only from Published database". I think you have already checked that?

Sorry!!! I hope someone else has more ideas!
    Barbara

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:33 AM