standing up new Server 2016 and WSUS - test computer has not reported status yet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, as the title states, I am having some trouble with our new WSUS server.

My test Windows 10 machine was added to the WSUS server via client-side targeting GPO. I had some issuse with the GPO, but after adding port 8530 to the URL, it showed up, however after a day, it is still showing in the console as "This computer has  not reported status yet". The test computer is fully updated as of a couple days ago, so there are no new updates.

I checked in the windows registry at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate and the WUServer and WUStatusServer URL's look correct. Also, the target group is there. Any ideas why the status hasnt updated yet ?

Edit: I should also mention that this is in an environment where we have SCCM current branch deployed. We also added the SUP role but removed it a few months ago, and we are sticking with vanilla WSUS on Server 2016 which is fully patched. We are not using any downstream servers, however our Server 2008 WSUS server is still online.
    • Edited by tekknyne Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:07 PM

Answers

• I wound up re-creating this server from scratch and not setting up as an SCCM site secondary, OR trying to configure it as an SCCM SUP and its working great now. Must have been something I did with SCCM I guess.
    • Marked as answer by tekknyne Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:49 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:49 PM

All replies

• I also ran get-windowsupdateslog on my win10 test machine, and saw the errors where I had the wrong URL specified in the GPO, but after that, there does not appear to be any outstanding errors.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:12 PM
  • I wound up re-creating this server from scratch and not setting up as an SCCM site secondary, OR trying to configure it as an SCCM SUP and its working great now. Must have been something I did with SCCM I guess.
    • Marked as answer by tekknyne Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:49 PM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 8:49 PM