none
Add In development for MS Project 2007 Professionnal using VSTO 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the following message when I F5(debug) add in using VSTO 2013 and MS Project 2007:

"you cannot debug or run this project because the required version of the Microsoft office application is not installed."

yet, when I start MS Project 2007, the add in is installed and functional.

If I F5(debug) again, I get the following message:

"Cannot debug the add-in because the 'Project' is already running. Close 'Project' and then run the project again."

Does anyone know a way to get rid of those messages as the Add in appears to be functioning correctly.

I have been through many post but none appear to address this issue.

Thanks for your help!

Jake

Friday, February 28, 2014 9:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Rod,

thank you for the reply.

I finally found the answer to the problem.

VSTO 2013 will point for add-ins to the default Office directory \office14\ as shown in the next screenshot:

You can override this for specific modules you are developing by changing the Debug Start Action to point to the correct directory as shown in the following screenshot:

This tab will open if you right-click the module name at the top of Solution Explorer and select Properties at the bottom.

Pointing to the proper directory will launch the correct version of WINPROJ.EXE which in my case was in  the \office12\ directory.

Also, thanks for your Project VBA Book, this a great reference and is extremely useful to me.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi Jaques,

I wont be answering your question, instead I will directly ask a little help from you. Sorry i dont know how to contact you personally.

I am doing a migration of old macro. Basically, what I need is an add-in on MS Project that will write the info into an Excel template. it should be done on Visual Studio 2013 and the MS Project is 2010. Hope you can share some knowledge or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gilbert

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Thanks for sharing your solution.

Happy programming!

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:32 PM

All replies

• Essential to have SP3 installed for Project 2007, plus latest Cumulative Update. 2007 was veeeery buggie.

I've got Visual Studio 2012 and it only seems to support add-ins for Project 2010 and 2013. So you may need VS 2010 for Project 2007.

Rod Gill

Friday, February 28, 2014 10:18 PM
  • Hi Rod,

thank you for the reply.

I finally found the answer to the problem.

VSTO 2013 will point for add-ins to the default Office directory \office14\ as shown in the next screenshot:

You can override this for specific modules you are developing by changing the Debug Start Action to point to the correct directory as shown in the following screenshot:

This tab will open if you right-click the module name at the top of Solution Explorer and select Properties at the bottom.

Pointing to the proper directory will launch the correct version of WINPROJ.EXE which in my case was in  the \office12\ directory.

Also, thanks for your Project VBA Book, this a great reference and is extremely useful to me.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 11:50 AM
  • Hi Jaques,

I wont be answering your question, instead I will directly ask a little help from you. Sorry i dont know how to contact you personally.

I am doing a migration of old macro. Basically, what I need is an add-in on MS Project that will write the info into an Excel template. it should be done on Visual Studio 2013 and the MS Project is 2010. Hope you can share some knowledge or any suggestions.

Thanks,

Gilbert

Monday, March 23, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Thanks for sharing your solution.

Happy programming!

Rod Gill

Monday, March 23, 2015 9:32 PM
  • Hi Gilbert,

sorry for the late response, I had removed the check on the alert me checkbox so I did not get your reply.

I pulled a lot of my knowledge from Rod Gill's Project VBA book which I highly recommend. It does have examples of moving data from from MS Project to Excel, so you might want to get your hands on a copy of the book.

Otherwise, if you have quick questions, I might be able to answer them and Rod is also very generous of his time.

Regards,

Jacques

Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:55 PM