Smart Host Connector Delivery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have problem with Smart Host Connector Delivery in Exchange 2016. Periodically I see too high queue. Also I see only two messages in queue per time have "Active" status. How i can increase active sessions from 2 to 20?

Regards,

Anton

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Anton,

From your description, you say it "periodically" queue up. during this time does any back up Apps running?

Any event errors/warnings in Application log?

Have you checked any limits on the smart host or firewall?

BR.

Jason Chao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 30, 2016 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 30, 2016 9:22 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 2:34 AM

All replies

• You need to adjust the message throttling policy to increase the number of connection a send connector can make with the domain.

details are in this artical.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232205%28v=exchg.160%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Let me know if you have any question or any specific in this?

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:06 AM
  • Thanks for your reply!

I already read and implement this. But nothing changes, only 2 active sessions per time :(

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:42 PM
  • Hi 

If you use a smarthost, a third party SMTP server, it could limit the number of message per session to 2
    May be it's the case

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:57 PM
  • Hi Anton,

Have you checked the queued messages with the command: get-queue? And what’s the next hop domain of the message?

Where you see the active sessions is 2?

In Exchange server 2016 we can change the value of “SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection” by using : set-sendconnector;

And we can also change the value of “MaxOutboundConnections”, “MaxPerDomainOutboundConnections” via: set-transportserver.

Best regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answer if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:47 AM
  • Hi Jason,

next hop domain is smart host (Barracuda Spam Firewall).

I see active sessions in queue viewer.

MaxOutboundConnections and MaxPerDomainOutboundConnections value is unlimited.

SmtpMaxMessagesPerConnection value is 200.

Regards,Anton

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Hi Anton,

From your description, you say it "periodically" queue up. during this time does any back up Apps running?

Any event errors/warnings in Application log?

Have you checked any limits on the smart host or firewall?

BR.

Jason Chao

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 30, 2016 9:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, September 30, 2016 9:22 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2016 2:34 AM