Error when viewing deployed dashboard in MOSS RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an annoying issue when trying to deploy dashboards to our PPS extranet - the dashboard works fine when viewed from inside our firewall, but when viewed externally, the KPI indicator images are not displayed. The reason for this is that URL to the images points to the physical server name rather than the DNS name, which is not visible outside the network. Example:

Dashboard is deployed to server1.company.com, which is mapped in ISA Server to external.company.com. The dashboard itself appears, as well as the data, but the KPI indicators are not visible.

Any suggestions on where to look for a solution to this error?

Anu

Monday, July 21, 2008 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi Anuruddha,

PeformancePoint Server V1 release does not support extranet scenario.  Please try publishing the Dashboard to external.company.com you may need to install the WEBPART.   FYI - Alternate Access Mapping SharePoint feature is not supported. 

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi Anuruddha,

PeformancePoint Server V1 release does not support extranet scenario.  Please try publishing the Dashboard to external.company.com you may need to install the WEBPART.   FYI - Alternate Access Mapping SharePoint feature is not supported. 

Thank you,

Sundar - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:34 PM
  • Sundar,

Can you provide a link for the assertion that AAM in SharePoint is not supported by PerformancePoint Server V1? I've web searched for the past 2 hours looking for a link that wasn't a simple forum post.

I'd love to have a link sent to me directly at malcolm.gin@gmail.com too if you can spare the time.

Thanks!
    M

Malcolm Gin -+- malcolm.gin@gmail.com
    Tuesday, March 10, 2009 6:40 PM
  • Could anyone confirm whether Alternate Access Mappings are supported in PerformancePoint Services for SharePoint 2010?

Thanks in advance.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:24 PM
  • Here is a link to the document for future reference -

Publishing PerformancePoint Server in Extranet Scenarios

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4ecf351d-1827-4aee-b28a-a491e8e52cf3
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:58 AM