none
Created Printer GPO's for Business Network - Major Problem

Question

• Hopefully I can get a little feedback on this issue.

We are running Windows Server 2008 R2 here at my workplace.

I work in IT here, and we decided we wanted to set up GPO rules for the printers in the network so people were only able to access the printers they needed.

After having set up a couple rules for specific users, all was well. We then made changes to five other printers, and now everyone in the ENTIRE company has their default printer set to the same one.

We have a couple offices out of state, and they are actually printing to their printer, and our cursed default one here.

We have gone and removed the GPOs that were set, but we're still seeing this strange behavior.

Is there anyone who can shed some light on the scenario here? If you need more information I"m happy to give it to you. We've been dealing with this since Friday, and it's still going on. Just looking for a bit of information/knowledge from anyone familiar with the scenario.

Thank you!

Monday, August 01, 2016 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We have gone and removed the GPOs that were set, but we're still seeing this strange behavior.

>>>To achieve your goal, you could try to “delete all shared printers” in GPO.

The path of the setting: User configuration\preferences\control panel\printers

After having set up a couple rules for specific users, all was well. We then made changes to five other printers, and now everyone in the ENTIRE company has their default printer set to the same one.

>>>Would you tell us what the settings have you configured?

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:23 AM