none
Outlook 2013 since last patch (Dec 2014) gives error: System Administrator - Undeliverable RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the latest round of patches from Microsoft in our environment, we have had numerous users having this issue.  When sending an email, internally or externally, they get the following message.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:  Undeliverable: Email Subject

Subject:    Email Subject

Sent: 12/16/2014 9:21 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Person#1 on 12/16/2014 9:21 AM

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator.  Error is [0x80004005-00000000-00000000].

The problem is sporadic and sometimes just closing Outlook and reopening it will fix the problem.  The problem does happen both when the users are in the office and when they are out.  There isn't any pattern that we can identify.  It happened to me once and a reboot resolved it for me.  We thought that maybe a specific patch that was installed just needed another reboot but we still have other users that are having the problem even after numerous reboots.

A little more about our environment:

Exchange 2010, fully patched with all service packs and updates (single server)

Running on a Windows 2008R2 server with all service packs and updates

Outlook 2013 with all updates installed

Happening on both Windows 8.1 (fully updated) and Windows 7 (fully updated)

Again this just started happening after the last patch cycle and we have never had this situation occur prior to that.  

Steve Eason, MCSE FM:Systems

Thursday, December 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Answers

• If you installed Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8 then you need to update to the 2nd revision of that update, as the first one had that very issue.

Update 12/12/2014:

Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8 has been re-released to the Microsoft download center resolving a regression discovered in the initial release. The update RU8 package corrects the issue which impacted users connecting to Exchange from Outlook. The issue was insulated to the MAPI RPC layer and was able to be isolated to quickly deliver the updated RU8 package. The updated RU8 package is version number 14.03.0224.002 if you need to confirm you have the updated package. The updates for Exchange Server 2013 and 2007 were not impacted by this regression and have not been updated.

Update 12/10/2014:

An issue has been identified in the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8. The update has been recalled and is no longer available on the download center pending a new RU8 release. Customers should not proceed with deployments of this update until the new RU8 version is made available. Customers who have already started deployment of RU8 should rollback this update.

The issue impacts the ability of Outlook to connect to Exchange, thus we are taking the action to recall the RU8 to resolve this problem. We will deliver a revised RU8 package as soon as the issue can be isolated, corrected, and validated. We will publish further updates to this blog post regarding RU8.

This issue only impacts the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU8 update, the other updates remain valid and customers can continue with deployment of these packages.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45225

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

• Marked as answer by Steve Eason Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:56 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Thank you for the update.  Turns out the update rolled out on our server automatically last night.  We also have not had any reports of issues today.  So I believe our issue should be resolved at this point.  I will monitor the situation but I appreciate the assistance!

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:54 PM

All replies

• If you installed Exchange 2010 SP3 RU8 then you need to update to the 2nd revision of that update, as the first one had that very issue.

Update 12/12/2014:

Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8 has been re-released to the Microsoft download center resolving a regression discovered in the initial release. The update RU8 package corrects the issue which impacted users connecting to Exchange from Outlook. The issue was insulated to the MAPI RPC layer and was able to be isolated to quickly deliver the updated RU8 package. The updated RU8 package is version number 14.03.0224.002 if you need to confirm you have the updated package. The updates for Exchange Server 2013 and 2007 were not impacted by this regression and have not been updated.

Update 12/10/2014:

An issue has been identified in the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 Update Rollup 8. The update has been recalled and is no longer available on the download center pending a new RU8 release. Customers should not proceed with deployments of this update until the new RU8 version is made available. Customers who have already started deployment of RU8 should rollback this update.

The issue impacts the ability of Outlook to connect to Exchange, thus we are taking the action to recall the RU8 to resolve this problem. We will deliver a revised RU8 package as soon as the issue can be isolated, corrected, and validated. We will publish further updates to this blog post regarding RU8.

This issue only impacts the Exchange Server 2010 SP3 RU8 update, the other updates remain valid and customers can continue with deployment of these packages.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45225

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

• Marked as answer by Steve Eason Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:56 PM
    Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Thank you for the update.  Turns out the update rolled out on our server automatically last night.  We also have not had any reports of issues today.  So I believe our issue should be resolved at this point.  I will monitor the situation but I appreciate the assistance!

Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:54 PM