none
sansymphony, starwind or...? RRS feed

• Question

• Good time of the day everybody!

We would like to start use some windows based iscsi san solution. I heard good reviews of datacore and starwind. Have someone worked with
    them both or separatelly? Maybe someone can suggest other software?

If you have used one or both or something else please let me know your thoughts, good or bad.

Cheers
    Friday, February 5, 2010 9:30 AM

Answers

• As for me I would select Starwind product.

If you would like to build failover cluster with Starwind 5.0 HA you've got all-in-one solution (note: you should make an extra payment to buy MPIO feature for SANmelody, while Sw has it by default).

Another bonus: you do not have to explore the documentation and (sic!) the installation process is much faster.

SANmelody offers a deeper integration with Windows OS. Maybe it's good but it can impact on other third-party tools.

Both products offer similar functionality. The Sw one is chaper: appr. 6000$ VS appr 40000$.
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:27 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 6:03 PM

All replies

• As for me I would select Starwind product.

If you would like to build failover cluster with Starwind 5.0 HA you've got all-in-one solution (note: you should make an extra payment to buy MPIO feature for SANmelody, while Sw has it by default).

Another bonus: you do not have to explore the documentation and (sic!) the installation process is much faster.

SANmelody offers a deeper integration with Windows OS. Maybe it's good but it can impact on other third-party tools.

Both products offer similar functionality. The Sw one is chaper: appr. 6000$ VS appr 40000$.
    • Marked as answer by Kevin Remde Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:27 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 6:03 PM
  • Thank you a lot Francisco!

I'm using starwind now, and fits my needs perfectly.

I will strongly recommend StarWind in case of what.

Thanx again

Cheers
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 10:51 AM