Windows 10 updates distribution using WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Window 10 updates are downloaded in the WSUS installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 but windows 10 clients are  not getting updates from the WSUS server and updates options in windows 10 machine are different from other  windows client machines (like Windows 7) so the WSUS policy is not reflected on windows 10 computers. Please help in this issue and is there any new option in GPO to enable updates for Windows 10?

Friday, June 24, 2016 11:29 PM

Answers

• Based on my understanding, windows 10 clients can not download updates from WSUS server.

Bit confused by this statemanet, my WSUS can is serving Windows 10 updates.

This is more dependant on the version of 10 you are running, only the Pro / Enterprise version can be connected to a WSUS, if your running a home version of 10 then windows will ignore the update registry keys and only download from Microsoft.

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi AhmadJY,

Based on my understanding, your windows 10 clients can not download updates from WSUS server.

GPO settings for WIN7 and WIN10 are the same, please run "gpupdate/force" on win10 clients and run "gpresult/h report.html" to check if the GPO is applied correctly.

Please use "Get-WindowsUpdateLog" to get windows update log on windows 10, it may help troubleshoot:

How to read Windows Update logs in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3036646

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 27, 2016 2:30 AM
  • Hi AhmadJY,

Based on my understanding, windows 10 clients can not download updates from WSUS server.

GPO settings for WIN7 and WIN10 are the same, please run "gpupdate/force" on win10 clients and run "gpresult/h report.html" to check if the GPO is applied correctly.

Please use "Get-WindowsUpdateLog" to get windows update log on windows 10, it may help troubleshoot:

How to read Windows Update logs in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/3036646

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thank you, I will check Windows update log and revert back
    Monday, June 27, 2016 8:22 AM
  • Based on my understanding, windows 10 clients can not download updates from WSUS server.

Bit confused by this statemanet, my WSUS can is serving Windows 10 updates.

This is more dependant on the version of 10 you are running, only the Pro / Enterprise version can be connected to a WSUS, if your running a home version of 10 then windows will ignore the update registry keys and only download from Microsoft.

Monday, June 27, 2016 9:15 AM
  • Hi MikeeMiracle,

>Bit confused by this statemanet, my WSUS can is serving Windows 10 updates.

The statement you quoted from my reply is the repeat of the OP's issue, I'm confirming the issue with AhmadJY.

Best Regards,

Anne

Thursday, July 7, 2016 8:30 AM