none
Problem with the font in the articles - letters shown in half-size RRS feed

Answers

• How do you do that?

Basically, I found that if I copy the content of one article into another, I may face this half size text problem.

For the articles in question I manually updated them to fix the problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:50 PM

All replies

• I looked at the HTML, but it looks too complicated. Some of the list items that wrap to more than one line have normal spacing, some have small space between the lines. I cannot see the difference in the editor, but I think it there is a difference in the HTML.

Perhaps the solution is to apply a font and size to all text in the article except headings. I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Saturday, July 20, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Thanks, Richard. Let's hope the problem will be resolved.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:56 AM
  • In addition, I keep getting the error attempting to save my changes especially if I am editing 2 articles at once and then try to save them at almost the same time :(

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:24 PM
  • But the errors aren't still happening, right?

I would go with Richard's idea of changing the font size of large sections of the article. We have a lot of HTML bugs out there around pasting in content. Basically, it converts your content into HTML and then displays it back out at you, so the conversion process is difficult. In fact, most WYSIWYG editors have given up and strip all formatting for this reason.

There is a platform update coming by the end of this month (about), so we're hoping that we can get some improvements on HTML translations. If not, then we'll start shopping the bugs to the platform company and try to get some improvements.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, August 5, 2013 6:25 AM
    Owner
  • The errors come and go. Sometimes every edit result in error, sometimes WiKis are more stable.

As for the letters size I have to manually fix HTML and it was quite a complex process. Next time I want to translate an article into Russian I would not copy its content first.

Also, it doesn't give any translation credits... And I don't know which article I may translate to get it - if you give me some pointers, that would be appreicated.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, August 5, 2013 2:31 PM
  • I know this may give a lot of hassel when it comes to translating and copy / pasting, but did you try to paste the text and remove formatting at the same time?

Best regards,

Tord

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:28 PM
    Answerer
  • HTML translations are a Known Issue with multiple bugs.

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:33 PM
    Owner
  • How do you do that?

Basically, I found that if I copy the content of one article into another, I may face this half size text problem.

For the articles in question I manually updated them to fix the problem.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:50 PM