Adding a used drive to a new Win 7 installation I get a Virtual disk Manager "The request could not be performed becaused an I/O device error" RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting the error "The request could not be performed becaused of an i/O device error" when trying to add an used hard drive to a new Win 7 build.

I've tried 3 different hard drives and different SATA port and different cables. I still get the same message above. I don't want to reformat the drive as these are my backup of a backup drive - ie very important.

The BIOS and WD drive utility detect the drive and passes the software test.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 11:46 AM

Answers

• I suggest you check the disk for errors, refer to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors 

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Friday, December 2, 2011 5:46 AM
    Friday, November 25, 2011 7:24 AM