Need Help...User Profile Sync Error (ma-extension-error) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with UPS for Sharepoint 2010. Sync works fine gets all the changes from AD(I see by running miisclient.exe) but when it comes to updating SP user profiles it gives the following error. I ran miisclient.exe and observed the stages and saw that error. I googled around but there is no solution found. The service exported 153 profiles initially but after some updates in AD user accounts sync started to give the following error. updated profiles contains some info about department, title, etc. and they contain some Turkish characters. Especially the title field causes the error, if in AD I leave blank that title field sync is fine again. When I fill it it fails. I am trying to make it work for 1 week :( Please somebody help me with that. Thank you very much.

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.InvalidValueException: The property value was invalid.  This could be caused by invalid non-text characters.
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.Commit()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfile.BulkPropertiesUpdate(Int64 importExportId, Hashtable properties, String strAccountName)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileManager.UpdateProfileWithBulkProperties(Int64 importExportId, String strAccountName, String strDN, Hashtable properties)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileImportExportService.UpdateWithProfileChangeData(Int64 importExportId, ProfileChangeData[] profileChangeData)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.WebMethodInfo.Invoke(Object webServiceInstance, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportDirect.UpdateWithProfileChangeData(Int64 importExportId, ProfileChangeData[] profileChangeData)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleCallExport.ExportEntry(ModificationType modificationType, String[] changedAttributes, CSEntry csentry)

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Do you have installed Forefront Security for SharePoint?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Friday, July 1, 2011 7:31 AM
  • No I haven't installed. Should I?
    Friday, July 1, 2011 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

As this forum is mainly focus on the general question about Forefront Security for SharePoint, it is recommend you to get further support in our SharePoint forum. The engineers and community members there have more experience and can help you in a more efficient way.

SharePoint Forum

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/threads.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 6:41 AM