Nested text boxes RRS feed

• Question

• I want to put a text box (inner) in a text box (outer) and when I move the outer text box the inner text box is locked to the outer text box and they moves as a unit.  Can I do this?
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:44 AM

Answers

• You can't Nest the textboxes, but you can group them. The inner box is overlapping the outer one. Text inside the outer box will not wrap around the inner one.

The grouping control is on the Contextual Text Box Format tab in the Arrange group.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by wwolfe01 Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:10 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:51 PM

All replies

• One text box is totally contained within a larger text box.   When I move the larger text box on the page, the one contained within the larger text box moves with the larger text box, maintaining its position within the larger text box.

What I want to do is put a picture in a text box and to the right of the picture enter some text describing the picture.  Without a second text box the description goes to the bottom of the text box.  Is there a way to get this description to the top of the text box so that it is beside the picture?

Any option to put a caption to the right of the picture?
    • Edited by wwolfe01 Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:18 PM New Info
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 12:56 PM
  • You can't Nest the textboxes, but you can group them. The inner box is overlapping the outer one. Text inside the outer box will not wrap around the inner one.

The grouping control is on the Contextual Text Box Format tab in the Arrange group.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by wwolfe01 Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:10 PM
    Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Thank you

Thursday, February 7, 2019 7:11 PM