none
How do I set SF link & a Finish No Earlier Than constraint so that Project will set the duration automatically? RRS feed

• Question

• Task Mode Task Name Duration Start Finish Predecessors
    Auto Scheduled Deal Closes 1 day Mon 8/1/11 Mon 8/1/11  
    Task Mode Task Name Duration Start Finish Predecessors
    Auto Scheduled Purchase Accounting/Valuations 1 day? Mon 10/10/11 Mon 10/10/11 1

For the Purchase Accounting/Valuations task I would like the finish date to be 10/10/11 and the start date to be when the Deal Closes task is complete.  There is no duration constraint on the Purchase Accounting task, only these date/predecessor constraints.  How do I get Project to set the duration based on these other constraints?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can use Manual Schedule (for flexibility else Auto is good too but Auto will set Finish Date Constrain on this task while manual won't do that) for Purchase task and set Finish Date and 'Deal Close' as predecessor, Duration would be self calculated.
    Sapna S

Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:31 PM
  • The other method is to use the Copy/Paste Special method, selecting start
    of Deal Closed to copy, then Paste Special > Link into the finish date of
    the other task.

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Blog: http://azlav.umtblog.com Twitter: @alavinsky
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:00 PM
  • Simplest way is toi set a start constraint first (say by typing in the start date f.i. then type in the FNET date.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Simplest way is toi set a start constraint first (say by typing in the start date f.i. then type in the FNET date.
    Friday, May 27, 2011 7:00 PM