none
PBX - Panasonic KX-TES824 with dediation server RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

below is the list of Certified gateways that you can use with Lync Server. I feel that the lowest cost one would me Audiocodes Mediant 800 box. this one only supports T1/PRI connections and does not have capability to handle SIP Trunks from the Service provider.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131938

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

below is the list of Certified gateways that you can use with Lync Server. I feel that the lowest cost one would me Audiocodes Mediant 800 box. this one only supports T1/PRI connections and does not have capability to handle SIP Trunks from the Service provider.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lync/gg131938

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2 Z-Hire -- Automate IT Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

Monday, February 27, 2012 2:19 PM
  • Key question - how do you want to connect to the PBX? ISDN BRI or PRI and how many of those connections?

My default personal preference would be the UX1000, but it depends on the connectivity you want.

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Join over 300 UC Pros who subscribe for blog updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:31 PM
  • You can use a gateway with 4FXO and 4FXS ports then have a SIP server somewhere e.g opensource Asterisk - FreePBX or any Asterisk commercial based SIP server such as Grandstream UCM6204 or Yeastar S-Series with 4FXO ports. The gateway will intergrate the KX-TES824 with the SIP server and the Lynch server will intergrate with the SIP server.

With that setup you can achieve what you are looking for.

The 4FXO+4FXS will cost you very little depending on the brand while Asterisk - FreePBX is free

Saturday, October 5, 2019 8:54 PM