Exchange 2010 MP - create test mailbox for synthetic transaction tests RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have imported the Exchange 2010 MP into our test environment and asked that the Exchange group follow the instructions provided in the MP guide to create the test mailbox.  In doing so I have been asked the question: there are 2 kinds of service accounts, one requires interactive logon, the other does not - which one should be created?

I reviewed documentation and I do not see an answer - can anyone provide some clear documentation?

Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:35 PM

Answers

• Hi

Are you referring to this section in the MP guide below?

In that case you just need to run the script and it will do it for you. Note: YOu might hit an error while running the script, it is a bug see here http://www.howexchangeworks.com/2011/07/new-testcasconnectivityuserps1-script.html

Create Test Mailboxes for Synthetic Transaction Tests

The Exchange 2010 Management Pack can run synthetic transactions to help you measure the performance of monitored objects in your Exchange organization. The Exchange 2010 Management Pack uses the Test-OwaConnectivity, Test-ActiveSyncConnectivity, and Test-WebServicesConnectivitycmdlets to test Microsoft Office Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services connectivity from Client Access servers to Mailbox servers. These cmdlets require that a test mailbox be created in each Active Directory site that you want to test. For more information about synthetic transactions, see Monitoring by Using Synthetic Transactions in the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 documentation.

If you don't create a test mailbox on one or more Mailbox servers, the Management Pack will return the following warning: “The test mailbox was not initialized. Run new-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 to ensure that the test mailbox is created.”

Perform the following steps to create a test mailbox for Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services connectivity monitoring.

In this procedure you create test mailboxes for Outlook Web App, Exchange ActiveSync, and Exchange Web Services to monitor connectivity by using PowerShell to run the New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1 script.

1. Open the Exchange Management Shell.
    2. Set-Location C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Scripts
    3. New-TestCasConnectivityUser.ps1

Blog: http://blog.scomfaq.ch

• Marked as answer by kramtam Monday, February 18, 2013 6:55 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 6:32 AM