UAG SP1 Problems - NLB RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I installed UAG SP1 on the Array Manager in the 2 Node NLB Setup:

7) As the administrator, install SP1 on the array manager by double-clicking the UAG-KB2285712-ENU.exe file.

8) Restart the server.

9) Start the Forefront UAG Management console and activate the configuration.

10) Wait until the activation completes successfully on the array manager. Use the Activation Monitor to view the activation progress.

11) On the array manager, in Web Monitor, under Array Monitor, click Current Status.

When I click on "Current Status"...I get a credential prompt.  No matter what I input, nothing happens....and eventually the App Pool crashes.

Has anyone experienced this issue...I am awaiting a callback from MS Support to troubleshoot further.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:31 AM

All replies

• I ran into this issue once. The best thing to do is uninstall SP1 and re-install SP1. Uninstall may fail with the error "unable to start SessionMgrCom.exe. Check whether the user has sufficient previleges to start the service" (This is not the exact error message). In that case reinstall UAG.

Friday, January 14, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Did you install the Windows NLB Hotfix (KB977342) as well?

You should also install Java JRE (x86) to use the NLB activation.

BenoîtS has a pretty nice blog series on setting up a UAG Array / NLB cluster that might help you too.

MrShannon | TechNuggets Blog | Concurrency Blogs
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:30 AM