Accidentally removed programs from frequent list in Start Menu, now I can't get them to repopulate. RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to clear out some of the programs in the frequent program list under the start menu.  I started right clicking on them and hitting "remove from this list"  Now I can't get any of them to repopulate the list.  I have tried restoring the start menu as some of the posts suggest, but nothing works.  Help....
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:57 PM

Answers

• I was trying to clear out some of the programs in the frequent program list under the start menu.  I started right clicking on them and hitting "remove from this list"  Now I can't get any of them to repopulate the list.  I have tried restoring the start menu as some of the posts suggest, but nothing works.  Help....

Hi David

I don't think there is any way to manually re-populate that list, except to just work as you normally do and wait for the programs to reappear in the list.

One thing you could do is pin the programs to the pinned section (Top/Left section) of the Start Menu.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, April 26, 2010 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:58 AM

All replies

Hi David

I don't think there is any way to manually re-populate that list, except to just work as you normally do and wait for the programs to reappear in the list.

One thing you could do is pin the programs to the pinned section (Top/Left section) of the Start Menu.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Monday, April 26, 2010 2:17 AM
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:58 AM
  • I agree with Ronnie, you can simply pinned mostly used program to the Start Menu. For more information about how to customize the Start menu, refer to this article: Customize the Start menu

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:34 AM