must disable tablet pc components for application to work RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Asus Eee Slate with Windows 7 Pro (i5, 4g ram)and love it. Got it to use with my electronic medical record (EMR) at work. Every aspect of the EMR works fine but when I open the actual medical chart component, it starts to load up but then dissappears right when it gets to the point of displaying the chart window. Its not minimized or running in the background...its gone.

We use Centricity by GE (the EMR mentioned above) and their solution is to go to programs and features and disable the "tablet pc components" feature. This actually works! Major problem is...this disables the TIP (touch input panel)and makes the tablet useless since there is no way to input text, which I must do. Carrying around a wireless keyboard is not an acceptable work around and GE says this is all they can suggest to resolve this at this time. I really dont think big GE is concerned about me as the little end-user/customer so I am pleading my case to this forum/Microsoft for any help - please!! There is something about enabling the "tablet pc components" that is not allowing me to open this particular module of the GE Centricity (CPS 9.5) EMR application. If I can't resolve this, my Eee Slate is a very expensive paperweight! help!

• Edited by mla72md Sunday, October 23, 2011 6:16 AM
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this particular problem also occur to another applications?
    From our observations, there are 3 related causes: 

1.	Conflict between centricity and another application.
    2.	Conflict between application and service.
    3.	Conflict between centricity and Windows.

The most possible in your case is that conflicting between centricity and windows. Thus, please kindly try to perform a clean boot. 

You may take a look into the following article for more details : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

If the issue persists, this should be a hard code issue. I recommend that you could submit a wish to manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does this particular problem also occur to another applications?
    From our observations, there are 3 related causes: 

1.	Conflict between centricity and another application.
    2.	Conflict between application and service.
    3.	Conflict between centricity and Windows.

The most possible in your case is that conflicting between centricity and windows. Thus, please kindly try to perform a clean boot. 

You may take a look into the following article for more details : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

Note: Clean Boot is a step of troubleshooting, we can go back to normal by running MSCONIFG.

If the issue persists, this should be a hard code issue. I recommend that you could submit a wish to manufacturer.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Tuesday, November 8, 2011 8:27 AM
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Thanks - I will look into this.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:06 PM