none
DPM 2010 site-to-site replication, bandwidth usage question RRS feed

• Question

• I got it working, but feel i have little control over when/how the WAN link is used. Is there a way to make DPM stop all activity between say 07:00-17:00? i have tried the  bandwidth throttling option, but it seems to slow all communication between the dpm's to a halt but still running all synchronizations, causing a lot of errors.. a typical error would be:

DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on (primary dpm server) because the agent is not responding.

Is this how its supposed to be, that it simply "needs" to keep working with the off-site replication during peak hours, causing additional load to my WAN link?

Emil

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunatly, we have no provision to stop backup jobs between certain hours, and as noted, if you throttle the connection down too much, that will cause agent communication problems.  About the only option you have is to cancel the scheduled jobs during the day and let the ones scheduled after hours run.   Not sure if that can be accomplished VIA powershell script or not, you may want to pose that specific question under the DPM power shell forum.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 3:46 PM