Addressbook download button gone in O365 Office RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we were using Office 2016 and have now upgraded to Office 365 (16.0.10730.20264), Version 1808, and in this new Outlook the "Download Address Book" button is missing.

1. Is this by design or only happens to us?

2. How do we now update the addressbook?

Cheers,

Friday, February 8, 2019 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Tonito,

Do you mean the "Download Address Book: button under Send/Receive > Send and Receive Groups or in the drop down list of File > Account Settings?

If this is the case, I checked in a same build of Outlook for Office 365 (Version 1808, Build 10730) and the button is available in my side. So it seems to me that this is not by design.

Considering that the option is not available when Outlook run in Online mode, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, make sure that the account is running in Exchange Cached Mode.

If the issue persists, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Tonito Dux Monday, February 11, 2019 8:11 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 7:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Tonito,

Do you mean the "Download Address Book: button under Send/Receive > Send and Receive Groups or in the drop down list of File > Account Settings?

If this is the case, I checked in a same build of Outlook for Office 365 (Version 1808, Build 10730) and the button is available in my side. So it seems to me that this is not by design.

Considering that the option is not available when Outlook run in Online mode, please go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings, make sure that the account is running in Exchange Cached Mode.

If the issue persists, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Tonito Dux Monday, February 11, 2019 8:11 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

this was the solution, normally our Outlook is running in Online mode but for testing reasons I have disabled the mode temporarily and never enabled it back.

Thank you!

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:14 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

this was the solution, normally our Outlook is running in Online mode but for testing reasons I have disabled the mode temporarily and never enabled it back.

Thank you!

Glad to be of help :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Monday, February 11, 2019 8:19 AM