none
wsus problem in adding two server from one image RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have a problem with two servers one is my antivirus and the other is my App server

I have run a new downstream wsus server in one of my remote offices because I have a deadline to run their servers so I take an OVF from a sever and run these servers from that OVF

( my hypervisor is esxi 6 and my servers are windows server2012 R2)

when i apply wsus policies both server got the policy but only one of them is on my wsus and as i delete it the other one added but not both of them

I'm wondering is it related to the OVF which both servers installed from it?

how could I fix it?

thanks

Saturday, November 9, 2019 9:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This issue may occur if the same SUSclientID is used by a system deployed with the same unified template. The result is that only one among these clients will appear in the console. You may also see that out of a group of these clients, only one appears at a time but the exact one that does appear may change over time.

For those clients that are not registering due to the SUS GUID issue we can use the following:

1. In the WSUS console > Computers, delete the clients affected by this.
    2. On the client affected by this, execute the following command through the elevated CMD:
      net stop bits
      net stop wuauserv
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
      rd /s /q "%SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution"
      net start bits
      net start wuauserv
      wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

After resetting, wait for these clients to re-report to WSUS.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sa-ENG Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:24 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 6:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This issue may occur if the same SUSclientID is used by a system deployed with the same unified template. The result is that only one among these clients will appear in the console. You may also see that out of a group of these clients, only one appears at a time but the exact one that does appear may change over time.

For those clients that are not registering due to the SUS GUID issue we can use the following:

1. In the WSUS console > Computers, delete the clients affected by this.
    2. On the client affected by this, execute the following command through the elevated CMD:
      net stop bits
      net stop wuauserv
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
      rd /s /q "%SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution"
      net start bits
      net start wuauserv
      wuauclt.exe /resetauthorization /detectnow

After resetting, wait for these clients to re-report to WSUS.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by sa-ENG Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:24 AM
    Monday, November 11, 2019 6:13 AM
  • hi

thanks for your help

I really appreciate

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 10:27 AM