Random Wifi disconnects with Window 10 64x RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a laptop running Windows 10 64x.  I have a strange issue I have been having trouble resolving. When I use it at home on my normal wifi router things work fine. However when I connect to my phone when it is set has a wifi hotspot it will randomly disconnect the connection even thought the data signal on my phone is strong.  I've tried all the information given here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

These did not fix the issue. I've adjust the power settings on the laptop to not turn off the wifi adapter as well (a common solution).

There are not really any settings on my phone I can adjust.

When I run the Windows 10 network troubleshooter when this occurs it says it detects a problem and resets the adapter. This does allow me to reconnect but it never fails that eventually it will disconnect again. My adapter drivers are the latest.

Any ideas or settings to try that can stop these disconnects? Could it be DHCP related?

Thanks

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, the PC can work well with wifi router, but it has something wrong with phone hotspot.

Please try to use the PC to connect to other phone hotspot to see if it can work.
    And you could also try to use other PC which is same as yours to connect to your phone hotspot to see if it will occur this issue. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Thursday, November 23, 2017 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 22, 2017 5:32 AM
  • Hi, 

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 24, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 1:48 AM