Strange issue dialing 911 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are having a few strange issues after implementing lync 2010, one of which is dialing 911.  When dialing 911, the call rings, they answer, I can talk to them and they can talk to me, but for some strange reason, the phone keeps ringing (like they never picked up) through the whole call.  911 is the only number where I experience this behavior, after someone picks up in any other call the ringing stops.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks!

Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:03 AM

All replies

• Can you provide more information on how your 911 routing is configured? Are you using a SIP connection to 911 Enable or Level 3 or ELIN through a gateway?

Sunday, October 7, 2012 12:51 AM
  • We have a SIP connection to our ISP.  It goes from our Lync 2010 Front End Server to AudioCodes Mediant 1000 to SIP provider.
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:02 AM
  • The only time I had this problem when we were using CX600 phones with Microsoft Attendant.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

• Proposed as answer by Adam Curry Monday, October 8, 2012 2:24 AM
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:10 PM
  • Were you able to find a solution to the issue Igor?

Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:36 PM
  • That was the issue. CX600 phones do not work well with Microsoft Attendant.

Thank you.

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:38 PM
  • Hmm... I experience the same thing with the Lync client on my laptop too, so I don't think it is the phone :(
    Monday, October 8, 2012 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

For eliminating phone issue, please have a try to use other phones except CX600 and check the problem again.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 6:19 AM