Second BizTalk server not displaying RRS feed

• Question

• Recently setup a SCOM 2012 server and deployed the agent to two BizTalk 2013 servers, one designated as our development environment and the other our QA environment. Agents install without issue, indicate that they have received and successfully logged in using the designated RunAs account, and receive the latest configuration file from the management server. I have enabled the two BizTalk servers to act as proxies in the Operations Manager console.

I have found other message threads indicating that by default my SCOM system will only reflect information from the first BizTalk system discovered and that I need to configure an override to enable monitoring of my second server. In one of the threads (Scom 2007 not discovering Biztalk 2010 Biztalk MP Documentation Question) it actually provides the exact steps I need to create the override so that there is no confusion on my part.

I followed these steps to create the override and then something strange happened. The second server did not appear in the Monitoring window, and now the first server's information no longer displays.

What went wrong? And better, more important question, is how do I correct the situation to get both BizTalk servers to display and be monitored?

Thank you,
    Steve

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 9:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Since you are running SCOM 2012 to monitor BizTalk 2013 servers, please change those overrides back. If SCOM discover two BizTalk 2013 servers, it will collect and reflect the information on both servers. You just need to follow the MP guide.  

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 24, 2014 8:53 AM
  • Niki,

In looking at the MP guide, I found the following (emphasis added by me):

"With BizTalk Server 2013 Monitoring Management Pack, the monitoring agents discover the artifacts from a single runtime machine. By default, the management pack discovers the artifacts on the first machine that is joined to the BizTalk group. However if you want plan to discover the artifacts on the machine of your choice then you must use the override feature to change the settings for automatic discovery."

This information is what caused me to attempt an override to get the second BizTalk server discovery to happen, but which actually ended up causing me to lose information for the first server.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

Steve

Monday, February 24, 2014 3:26 PM
  • Does anyone else have any ideas or suggestions? 

Thanks,

Steve

Friday, March 7, 2014 3:05 PM